Holiday Gift Cake
Let guests “unwrap” a Holiday Gift Cake at your next holiday gathering. Bake your cake or dessert using the Dimensions® Gift Pan then add simple decorative touches using icing and sprinkle-on colored sugars, jimmies or nonpareils.
3 cups cake flour sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Easy-Add Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract Add to shopping list Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup milk
5 egg whites
peppermint sprinkles crushed (optional)
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Red Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Red Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Gifts Galore icing decorations Add to shopping list Gifts Galore icing decorations
- Easy-Add Bake Easy™ Non-Stick Spray Add to shopping list Bake Easy™ Non-Stick Spray
- Easy-Add Cake Release Add to shopping list Cake Release
Cake serves 12.
Tip: By varying decorating techniques and colors, this recipe can be used to create gift cakes for birthdays and many other gift-giving occasions.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with Bake Easy Spray or use Cake Release. In medium bowl, sift together flour and baking powder; set aside.
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy; add vanilla and beat well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk; beat well after each addition.
In separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Gently fold egg whites and peppermint sprinkles into batter. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.
To decorate: Place cooled cake on foil-wrapped cake board. Brush piping gel over bow area of cake. Carefully sprinkle colored sugar over piping gel. Arrange icing decorations as desired.