Stand-Up Cuddly Be…
Hobgoblin Hug! Cake
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Lemon Yellow Icing Color (combine leaf green with lemon yelllow for green shown)Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Rose Icing Color (combine violet with rose for violet shown)Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add 9 in. Rolling pin Add to shopping list 9 in. Rolling pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- 2 Wooden Dowel Rods 5 in. lengthEasy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Bake and cool cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Trim off arms and face; ice cut areas lightly to contain crumbs.
Pipe tip 2A ball eyes; flatten and smooth with fingertip dipped in cornstarch. Using tip 5, pipe dot pupils; pipe in mouth and teeth, pat smooth.
Tint fondant: 2 oz. blue, 3 oz. light purple, 4 oz. each yellow, dark purple, green.
For nose, roll 1 in. ball; attach. For soles of feet, roll out yellow and a small amount of dark purple 1/8 in. thick. Cut 3 1/4 x 2 1/4 in. yellow ovals; attach with icing. Cut about 14 dots using narrow end of tip 2A; attach using damp brush.
Roll 6 cone-shaped toenails 1 in. long; attach with icing. For 3 1/2 in. long tapered horns, roll flattened disks in alternating colors, beginning with a 1 1/2 in. diameter circle, 1/2 in. thick, and ending with a 3/4 in. high tip.
Mark a 4 in. diameter circle on belly with 3/4 in. wide stripes. Cover with tip 16 stars. Cover body with tip 16 pull-out star fur.
For arms, cover dowel rod with 1 x 1 1/2 in. fondant strip, leaving 3 in. and 1/2 in. of rod exposed on either side of fondant.
For hands, begin with a rounded triangle 2 in. high, 1/2 in. thick. Cut slits 1 in. deep and separate fingers. Push onto exposed 1/2 in. of arm. Roll and attach 5/8 in. long cone nails using damp brush. Insert arms into cake.
Roll 1/4 in. diameter log for number; shape and attach.