His Sleigh's on the Way! Cake
Our Baby Buggy Pan serves as the base for this fantasyland sleigh. Presents and candy-cane look runner made from bright fondant create a jolly holiday treat.
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Baby Buggy Pan Add to shopping list Baby Buggy Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
Two days in advance: Make presents. Tint fondant: 3 oz. each pink, violet, green and orange; 2 oz. yellow; 1 oz. each light pink, light violet, light green, light orange, light yellow. Roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed.
Use patterns to cut 9 presents (including bow) in assorted colors. Cut ribbon and bow trims; attach using damp brush. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted boards.
Make sleigh. Tint 12 oz. fondant red; reserve 10 oz. white. Roll out 1/4 in. thick. Use patterns to cut sleigh and trim. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Tape runner pattern to board and cover with waxed paper. Roll 1 red and 1 white log, 12 x 1/2 in. diameter. Twist and roll together for striped bottom runner, then trim to 17 in. (log will expand when rolled together). Position over pattern. Roll 1 red and 1 white log, 3 1/2 x 1/4 in. diameter. Repeat as above, cut and position for runner supports. Let dry.
Bake and cool cake. Ice smooth. Pipe tip 5 bead bottom border. Attach sleigh, runner and presents. Brush sleigh trim with Piping Gel and sprinkle with Sparkling Sugar. Position on sleigh.
* Combine Violet with Rose for violet shades shown. Combine
Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shades shown.