His Royal Highness Diorama Cake
His Royal Highness Diorama poses your man on his easy chair throne with his snacks, slippers and remote control within easy reach. Loaf cake and Romantic Castle Cake Set will turn this Father’s Day fantasy into a reality for all to enjoy!
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (96 oz. needed)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Romantic Castle Cake Set Add to shopping list Romantic Castle Cake Set
- Easy-Add Long Loaf Pan Add to shopping list Long Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Tip: 1M (or similar sized large opening tip)Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
- Easy-Add Square Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Square Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Corer Tube Add to shopping list Cake Corer Tube
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- 1/4 in. thick foam core board (cut to 19 x 12 1/2 in.)
- Plastic ruler
- Waxed paper
- Embroidery scissors
- Thin wooden skewers
Make fondant figurines at least 3 days in advance. Make Chair: Tint 12 oz, white fondant Brown with a little Red-Red; add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex™. Roll out 3/8 in. thick. Cut out chair pieces using patterns. Score seam line in chair seat/back section and gently curve to angle. Stand on side to dry. Let all pieces dry on side 48 hours. Assemble pieces using thinned fondant adhesive in cut parchment bag. Attach sides to chair pieces and support as necessary until set. Add front and back panels. Roll out brown fondant 1/16 in. thick and cut a strip 3 x 1 in., attach to chair side for pocket. Roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick and cut a strip 2 x 1 in. Use FoodWriter™ marker and add newspaper print. Fold in half, then half again and insert into pocket. Set aside. Make Hassock: Using remaining brown fondant, roll a 1 1/2 in. ball and flatten top and bottom. Let dry.
Make the "King": Roll out red and blue fondant 1/2 in. thick. Cut out red torso and blue pants using patterns. Smooth and round out edges. Using scissors cut 1/2 in. wide sleeves on torso piece and pant legs on pants piece; smooth edges to shape. Insert end of brush handle into open end of sleeves and pants legs. Use ball tool to open bottom of torso. Insert pants into torso and position on chair; attach with damp brush. Roll a 1 in. diameter ball of light brown fondant for head. Attach to torso. Roll tiny balls for nose and ears; attach, use FoodWriter™ marker to add eyes and mouth. Shape 2 teardrop shapes of light brown fondant each 3/4 in. long for hands. Using embroidery scissors, cut fingers and shape. Trim as necessary and insert into sleeves, attach with damp brush. Roll black fondant 1/8 in. thick x 1/2 x 1 in. for remote. Smooth edges and position in hand, shaping fingers around it. Shape a 1 in. x 1/2 in. piece of yellow fondant into a cone for beer glass. Cut 2 white fondant circles 1/2 in. diameter and attach to top of glass for foam and to bottom of glass for base. Attach to hand with damp brush. To make crown, roll out yellow fondant 1/16 in. thick x 3 1/2 x 3/4 in. Using scissors, cut points for crown. Overlap ends and attach with damp brush. Using tip 1 and buttercream icing, pipe hair on head, position crown. Roll 2 logs white fondant 1 x 3/8 in. for socks. Shape for feet, taper ends and insert into pants. Position king on his chair.
For slippers, roll 2 shapes 1 1/2 x 1/2 in. smooth ends, open back using dog bone tool. Set aside. To make 1 large, 2 medium, and 4 small towers that will be inserted into cake more stable, attach plastic dowel rods, cut 1 in. shorter than height of cake, to bottom of towers. Stand tower upside down; attach cut dowel rod to base with melted candy. Refrigerate until firm.
Make Castle: Bake and cool 2-layer long loaf cake, each layer 2 1/2 in. high. Ice, stack and prepare for fondant covering. Tint 48 oz. fondant light gray. Cover cake with fondant; reserve leftover fondant for later use. Position cake on baseboard. For bricks, imprint sides with smallest square Cut-Out on front and sides only. Blend 6 oz. white fondant with 4 oz. blue fondant packet; add blue icing color to deepen to desired shade. Roll out 1/8 in. thick; using turret peak patterns cut out 4 small, 1 medium, and 1 large. Brush turret peaks lightly with Piping Gel; attach fondant pieces, wrapping around peaks. Roll out black fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cover towers using remaining gray fondant. Imprint bricks using smallest square Cut-Outs. Using Cake Corer, cut out areas where towers will be placed. Insert 1 large and 2 medium towers in cake. Attach 4 small towers to front of castle with thinned fondant adhesive. Use patterns to cut door and large window for cake sides and towers. Attach with damp brush. For window ledges, roll out yellow fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut out circles using large open end of tip 1M, then cut circles in half and attach. For stonework around tower windows, shape balls of dark gray fondant in various sizes from 1/8 to 1/4 in.; flatten and attach. For bunting beneath windows, roll out red fondant 1/16 in. thick. Using knife cut 1 1/2 x 2 in. strip. Form folds in fondant by placing 1 skewer under bottom edge of strip and 1 on top, next to the first skewer. Repeat with more skewers to form 3 folds. Remove skewers and gather fondant at each end. Pinch ends of fondant and taper; trim as necessary. Brush back of strip with damp brush and attach below windows. For battlement squares on top border, rollout light gray fondant 1/4 in. thick; cut 18 squares using smallest Cut-Out. Attach battlement squares with thinned fondant adhesive.
Decorate Back of Castle. Big Screen TV: Roll black fondant 1/16 in. thick, cut out 5 x 3 in. piece. Attach to back castle wall with damp brush. Cut strips 1/4 in. wide and attach to screen with damp brush for a frame. Table: Roll light brown fondant 1/8 in. thick, cut 2 1/4 x 1/2 in. piece for tabletop. Cut 2 legs 1 1/4 x 3/8 in. Attach to back castle wall. Roll out red fondant 1/4 in. thick and using large open end of tip 1M to cut out circle. Cut in half, roll slightly to widen for bowl and attach to wall on table. Bookcase: Roll light brown fondant 1/8 in. thick, cut 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 in. piece. Attach to wall. Cut 3/8 in. wide strips and attach to form top and sides of bookcase. Cut 1/4 in. wide strips and attach for shelves and base. Cut various colors widths and lengths for books, attach with damp brush. Decorate using buttercream icing and tip 2: Pipe message on TV; add dot popcorn in bowl.
Lightly brush base board at back of castle with piping gel. Roll 8 oz. light brown fondant 15 x 6 in. and position for floor. Imprint wood planks in 3/8 in. x 3 in. sections, staggering each row. Tint 20 oz. fondant green. Roll out 1/8 in thick. Lightly brush base board at front of castle with piping gel. Cover front and sides of board. Roll various shades of grey fondant into assorted size balls for stones. Flatten slightly and attach for walkway. Roll out 1 and 3/4 in. diameter balls for bushes. Imprint with small end of veining tool for texture. Roll 3/4 in. logs and cut into various lengths 3 1/2 to 4 in. long. Shape, imprint for texture and position all along front and sides of castle, securing with damp brush. Position king in chair with hassock; place slippers at side.
*Brand confectionery coating.