High Five for Halloween Cupcakes
You can’t keep a good man down, especially on Halloween. Create the creepy cupcake accents using Wilton Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant.
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Copper Icing Color (Combine Copper with Black for skin tone shown)Easy-Add Copper Icing Color Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
Brown Icing Color (Combine Brown with Red-Red for dark brown shown)Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
Meringue Powder (used in Royal Icing)Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Favorite cupcake mix or recipe
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
Lemon Yellow Icing Color (Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown)Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
Each treat serves 1.
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- 18 pc. Halloween Cutter Set (tombstone used)Easy-Add 18 pc. Halloween Cutter Set Add to shopping list 18 pc. Halloween Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Standard Muffin Pan Add to shopping list Non-Stick Standard Muffin Pan
- Bright Rainbow Multi-Colored Baking Cups (green used)Easy-Add Bright Rainbow Multi-Colored Baking Cups Add to shopping list Bright Rainbow Multi-Colored Baking Cups
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 234 Add to shopping list Tip: 234
Two days in advance, tint 3/4 oz. fondant gray and skin tone, and 1/2 oz. dark brown. For bug head, roll a dark brown ball, 5/16 in dia. For bug body, roll a dark brown ball, 1/2 in. dia., into a teardrop shape, 7/8 in. long. Attach head to body with damp brush.
For arms, roll two skin tone balls, 7/8 in. dia. Shape into logs, 2 in. long. Cut lollipop stick to 3 in. long. Insert into arms. Cut and shape fingers with scissors. Attach bug to one of the hands with damp brush and wrap fingers around it.
Prepare royal icing and tint black. Using tip 1 and black icing, pipe legs, eyes and mouth on bug.
Roll out gray fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut tombstone using cutter. Using tip 1 and black icing, pipe RIP on front. Let dry.
Bake and cool cupcakes. Prepare buttercream icing and tint green. Using tip 234 and green icing, pipe grass on top of cupcakes. Position tombstone; support with additional icing.
Insert arms: one in top of cupcake and one in the side of cupcake.