He's Snow Much Fun Cake
Four stacked cakes make this snowman a real crowd-pleaser! He’s covered with snow-white fondant and dressed for cold weather with a fondant hat and scarf.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 58.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Heating Core Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Heating Core
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Craft knife
Prepare the following for rolled fondant and stacked construction: 1-layer 10, 12 in. rounds (3 in. deep), 2-layer 8 in. round (total 4 in. deep). Using 5 pks. of white fondant, cover the three stacked cakes in one piece. Reserve remaining fondant trimmed from cake.
Tint the remaining fondant as follows: 2 pks. of chocolate fondant black; 1 pk. of white fondant green. Divide reserved white fondant into thirds; tint orange, red, yellow.
Roll out half of black fondant 1/2 in. thick; cut 8 in. circle. Brush a small amount of water on top of 8 in. cake and place the fondant circle on top of cake to form brim. Prepare and cover 2-layer 6 in. cake with remaining black fondant and position on top of brim. Use remaining black fondant for buttons, eyes, mouth: use large end of tip 1A to cut 2 buttons; large end of tip 12 to cut 2 eyes; small end of tip 1A to cut 3 dots for center of mouth; small end of tip 12 to cut 2 dots for sides of mouth. Position all with dots of water or buttercream.
Cut green fondant hat band 1 in. wide x 20 in. long; position on hat. Cut green scarf 2 1/4 in. wide x 29 in. long; make folds in scarf and position around top of 10 in. cake. Cut two 2 1/4 in. wide x 9 in. long streamers, attach to scarf. Cut a 2 in. circle for knot on scarf; position. For carrot nose, roll 3/4 in. ball, then roll into 1 1/2 in. long teardrop shape. Use craft knife to make cut marks around nose; position on lollipop stick and insert into cake. To make poinsettia: using pattern, cut 6 large and 6 small petals. Position overlapping petals on side of hat and attach with water. Roll out 6 small yellow fondant dots and position for center of flower.