He's Right On Time! Cake
Noted for being slow, this tortoise cake contradicts that idea—it is fast to decorate! Use the ladybug cake pan with roll-out cookie hat, tail and feet. Covered in buttercream icing, this cake with be a quick favorite at your first birthday celebration.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Lady Bug Pan Add to shopping list Lady Bug Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
In advance: Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough; use patterns to cut hat, tail and 4 feet. Bake and cool.
Bake and cool Lady Bug cake. Trim off eye, antennae and about 3/4 in. of bottom to make a straight edge. Use patterns to mark eyes, mouth and spots with toothpick. Use tip 3 to outline and pipe in eyes (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 3 to pipe dot nostrils and outline and pipe in pupils and mouth (smooth with finger). Sandwich 2 cookies for each foot using icing. Position feet and tail.
Cover cake and cookies with tip 16 stars. Ice hat cookie smooth and position on cake. Pipe tip 16 pull-out fringe border and pompom; print tip 3 name.
* Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green on face, feet and tail; use 2 shades of Kelly Green for shell. Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.