He's Counting on You! Mini Cake
Candy cowl frames your iced mini cake Count. It’s a simple technique: melted candy is piped over a pleated baking cup. Once you have a strong candy shell, baking cup is peeled away.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add White jumbo baking cups Add to shopping list White jumbo baking cups
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make candy cowl. Stack 3-4 jumbo baking cups in your hand so that pleats align. Mark 24 pleats for cowl area and place face down on waxed paper-covered board. Slightly flatten cups to expand marked area to 5 in. wide. Using Candy Decorating Bag, pipe melted cocoa candy over marked area and on bottom circle of cup. Do not spread beyond marked area. Refrigerate until firm. Repeat with 2 more layers of candy. Peel cups from candy.
Bake and cool mini ball cakes. Trim 1/4 in. from bottom for a 3/4 in. high cake. Tint portions of melted candy green and black using candy colors. Cover cakes with melted green candy; let set. Pipe facial features and hair using melted candy in cut parchment bags; let set. Position cake on candy cowl.
*Combine green with yellow candy colors for green shown.