He's A Goal Getter Cake
Make every footballer feel like a star. Depict your favorite soccer player atop a Star Cake Pan by adding cookie body parts and a kicky-colored uniform. Score!
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Soccer Ball Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Soccer Ball Icing Decorations
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Star Pan Add to shopping list Star Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Hand Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Hand Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough. Using patterns, cut out head and 2 shoes (flip pattern for 2nd shoe). Use cookie cutter to cut 2 hands; flip 1 before baking. Cut six 1 x 2 in. rectangles for cookie supports. Bake and cool.
Also: Decorate cookies using royal icing. Outline all cookies with tip 3. Cover hands and shoes with tip 16 stars. For head, use tip 3 to outline and fill in mouth and tongue (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 6 dot eyes; pat smooth. Cover face and ears with tip 16 stars; overpipe nose and cheeks for dimension. Pipe tip 18 pull-out stars for hair and shoe spikes. Pipe tip 2 outline shoe laces. Let dry.
Bake and cool cake. Position on wrapped board cut 1 in. larger than cake on all sides. Ice sides and background areas smooth. Use pattern to mark body details with toothpicks. Outline details with tip 3; cover with tip 16 stars. Pipe tip 2 name and tip 3 number. Pipe tip 18 pull-out star grass bottom border. Position icing decorations. Use melted candy to attach cookie supports to back of head (use 2), hands and shoes; position on star points.