Here Comes Santa Claus Cookies
Craft a 3-D cookie creation using Santa as the subject. Assemble Roll Out Cookie pieces with Royal Icing. Place the Santa cookie in the chimney and fill with candy-coated chocolate dots as an extra treat and to hold him in place.
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cookie serves 1
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Gingerbread Boy Nesting Cutter Set Add to shopping list Gingerbread Boy Nesting Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Candy-coated chocolate dots
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Parchment Paper Add to shopping list Non-Stick Parchment Paper
- Pizza cutter
Divide and tint royal icing red, black and copper; reserve white. Divide cookie dough and tint a portion copper for Santa. Roll out cookie dough and cut 5 cookie squares for the chimney; also cut 4 rectangles for chimney overhang. Roll out tinted cookie dough and cut cookie for Santa using the second smallest gingerbread boy cutter. Cut off feet of cookie. Bake all cookies following recipe directions and cool.
Make chimney: Using royal icing, assemble using one square cookie for the base. Hold pieces in place while assembling until partially set. Put aside until set completely. Attach overhang pieces to top edges using royal icing. Put aside to set completely before decorating further.
Decorate chimney: Using tip 2 and red icing decorate bricks on sides of chimney; pat down with finger dipped in cornstarch. Using tip 2 and white icing, add snow at top edge of chimney, moving tip down to create drifts. Let set.
Decorate Santa: Using tip 3 and red icing, cover Santa's suit and hat; pat down with finger dipped in cornstarch. Using tip 2 and copper icing, add dot nose.Using tip 2 and black icing, pipe in mouth and dot eyes. Using tip 3 and white icing, add swirl fur trim and beard. Let icing set.
Assemble: Position Santa in chimney. Fill chimney with candy-coated chocolate dots.