Hearts Aflutter Cake
Everywhere you look on this Valentine-inspired cake shouts of love. Candy plaque hearts add extra dimension to this dramatic Valentine cake.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Garden Candy Color Set (pink used)Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
Favorite Pound Cake Recipe
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Queen of Hearts Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Queen of Hearts Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Wave Flower Former Add to shopping list Wave Flower Former
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Paring Knife
Bake and cool cake. Use Queen of Hearts Pan to make candy heart plaques. Pour pink melted candy into 2/3rds full into hearts indentations in pan. Make 5 and let chill and gently remove. Cut hearts in half gently by using a warm paring knife. Repeat same process with white candy (make 12 in white).
Using melted light cocoa candy in cut parchment bag, outline half hearts and pipe cornelli lace on surface. Once sent, attach pieces together at an angle using melted candy; let dry on wave flower former to keep shape. Pipe a light cocoa candy bead line down center of hearts; let set. Attach candy hearts to cake with melted candy.