Hearts A'Poppin Cake
Bright red hearts really stand out on the rosy fondant background. Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant makes decorating this cake easy.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
Your favorite 2-layer cake mix
Cake serves 14.
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Crown of Hearts Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Crown of Hearts Pan
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Parchment Paper Add to shopping list Non-Stick Parchment Paper
- Easy-Add 14 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 14 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
Place piece of parchment paper into pan and trace raised heart in center of pan.
Bake your favorite 2-layer cake recipe or mix in Crown of Hearts pan following recipe instructions. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely. If desired, cut cake circle to size of pan. Arrange cooled cake on cut cake board or cake plate. Lightly ice cake in buttercream icing to prepare for fondant covering.
Tint 36 oz. fondant rose. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cover cake; smooth.
Tint remaining fondant red; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using pattern, cut out large heart. Using medium Heart Cut-Out, cut approximately 18 hearts. Attach hearts to cake with damp brush.