Heartfelt Sentiments Mini Cake
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Cookie Icing Add to shopping list Pink Cookie Icing
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Heart Pan Add to shopping list Mini Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Waxed paper
- Paring Knife
Bake and cool cake. Place on cooling grid positioned over waxed paper. Cover cake with pink cookie icing and let dry overnight.
Position cake on waxed paper covered surface.
Tint fondant dark and light brown. Roll a 1 in. ball of dark brown fondant for head, flatten slightly and attach to cookie. Roll 5/8 in. dark brown fondant circles for ears and 1/4 in. light brown fondant circles for inner ears. Attach with damp brush. Roll 3/4 in. x 1 in. light brown fondant oval for muzzle; attach with damp brush. Roll 2 dark brown fondant logs 1/2 in. wide x 1 1/2 in. long for paws. Flatten one end and cut slits for paws. Roll 2 dark brown fondant ovals 1 in. x 1 1/2 in. for feet. Roll 2 light brown fondant ovals 3/4 in. x 1 in. for pads of feet; attach pieces with damp brush.
Use tip 2 and black royal icing to pipe facial features.
Use tip 2 and red royal icing to make dots and print message.
*Combine Red-Red and Brown for brown shown.