Heart and Soul Cake
Let Mom know that she is the heart and soul of your family with this gorgeous cake. This simple design combines pink buttercream, royal icing roses and pink Sugar Pearls for a stunning design.
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Sugar Pearls Add to shopping list Pink Sugar Pearls
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Tip: 101 Add to shopping list Tip: 101
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Nesting Heart Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Heart Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Heart Tasty-Fill™ Pan Add to shopping list Heart Tasty-Fill™ Pan
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- fine tweezers
- Easy-Add Tip: 125 Add to shopping list Tip: 125
In advance: Make flowers. Using dark rose royal icing, make 32 tip 101 roses, with tip 5 bases. Make extra to allow for breakage and let dry overnight. Pipe a tip 5 pull-out spike on rose bottoms to insert into cake. Let dry.
Also: Make cookie. Prepare and roll out dough. Cut cookie using second largest heart cutter in set. Bake and cool. Outline with tip 3 and royal icing. Flow in with thinned royal icing. Let dry overnight. Write message with black FoodWriter. Attach lollipop stick to back with royal icing. Let dry.
Bake, cool and fill cake following pan directions. Place cake on foil-wrapped cake board. Ice smooth in rose buttercream. Using Cake Dividing Set, divide cake into eighths. With toothpick, mark scallops 1 1/2 in. deep. Insert roses at markings. Using tweezers, position Sugar Pearls 1 in. apart on cake top and above roses, securing with piping gel.
Pipe tip 5 bead bottom border in white buttercream. Overpipe beads with tip 125 ruffled ribbon bottom border in white buttercream. Insert heart cookie in cake top.