Heart Fireworks Cake
Pre-made gum paste decorations seem to burst from the center of the Hearts Fireworks cake. Matching pastel fondant panels with cut-out heart centers wrap around the cake sides to add dimension. Watch our online video.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 32.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Silver Cake Bases Add to shopping list Silver Cake Bases
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Cake Dividing Set (optional)Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- 18 gauge white florist wire 10 in. lengths, 16 needed
- White floral tape
Add 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 1/2 package of each color fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 4 hearts in each color using medium Cut-Out. Let dry 48 hours. Attach hearts to wires with melted candy; let set. Tape wires together using florist tape. Bend end of wires to create a cascade.
Bake and cool 2-layer 6 and 8 in. cakes. Prepare cakes for stacked construction on cake base. Ice cakes lightly in white buttercream. Using Cake Divider, divide 6 in. cake into sixths and 8 in. cake into eighths.
Roll out remaining fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using Cutter/Embosser or a knife, cut 3 or 4 rectangles, each 3 x 3 1/4 in., in each color (14 total needed). Using medium Cut-Out, cut out heart shape at center of each rectangle.
Attach rectangles to cakes with buttercream. Roll out remaining fondant 1/8 in. thick.
Using narrow end of tip 12, cut 5-6 dots in each color for each rectangle; attach in random pattern to rectangles with damp brush. Cut one dowel rod to 6 in.; insert in cake top. Position wired hearts in dowel rod.