He Loves a Good Shower Cake
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Favorite pound cake
- Large white gumball
- White mini jawbreakers
Cake serves 30.
- Oval Pan Set 13 x 9 7/8 in. pan usedEasy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Set Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan Set
- Easy-Add Mini Stand-Up Bear Set Add to shopping list Mini Stand-Up Bear Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Party Time Candy Mold Add to shopping list Party Time Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Any Baby Blocks Set
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
Using candy colors, tint 2 pks. of melted white candy blue, pink, violet, and yellow (reserve some white). Tint 1 pk. of melted white candy green. Using painting method, mold 20 candy packages (10 solid, 10 polka dot). Refrigerate until firm; unmold.
To make umbrella, pour melted green candy into one half of Sports Ball Pan to make a thin candy shell. Refrigerate until firm; unmold. Use melted candy in cut decorating bag to pipe scallop design around bottom edge of umbrella. Attach gumball and mini jawbreakers to umbrella top with melted candy. Refrigerate until firm. Attach cookie stick umbrella handle with melted candy. Set aside.
Using firm-textured pound cake batter, bake and cool mini bear and 1-layer oval cake. Ice top of oval cake smooth in white and sides in yellow. Pipe tip 6 bead top and bottom borders. Prepare bear cake, cutting cake board into a 2 1/2 in. circle and cutting hole in center of board for umbrella handle. Trim left arm and ears off cake. With spatula, build up icing on head to resemble duck. Cover duck with tip 16 stars; add tip 16 pull-out star feathers for wings and crest on head. Pipe tip 3 string mouth and dot eyes (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Outline beak with tip 4; build up and overpipe beak with tip 4.
Position duck on cake top. Pipe tip 8 feet (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Attach candy packages to cake sides with icing. Position blocks. Pipe tip 3 piping gel raindrops. Print tip 3 message. Position umbrella in duck's hand before serving.
To make candy shells: Fill pan or mold to top edge with melted candy. Tap on counter to remove air bubbles. Let chill in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes or until a 1/4 in. shell has formed. Pour out excess candy, smooth top edges with spatula and chill for 15-20 minutes longer. Carefully unmold shells (if you have difficulty removing shells, place in freezer for 2-3 minutes, then unmold). Excess candy can be reheated and used again.