He Can Spot a Party! Cake
Everyone loves this pup ‘cause He Can Spot a Party! Canine-lover’s cake features a make-ahead cookie hat and royal icing dog bones that stay all around the bottom border.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Friendly Lion Pan Add to shopping list Friendly Lion Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 9 Add to shopping list Tip: 9
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Waxed paper
- Sharp Knife
One to two days in advance, make 16 dog bones and cookie hat.
To make bones, use tip 9 and royal icing to pipe 1 1/2 in. long line and two tip 9 balls on each end of bone; flatten slightly with finger dipped in cornstarch and let dry.
To make hat, cut pattern from cookie dough; bake and cool. Ice hat smooth with blue royal icing and attach stick to back with royal icing; let dry.
Bake and cool cake. Trim ears, tail and mane under chin. Ice sides and background areas smooth with spatula in buttercream icing.
Trace dog pattern with toothpick. Use tip 3 to outline ears in black, body and facial features in gray and collar in red.
Outline and pipe in nose and mouth with tip 3 in black (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Pipe in muzzle, tongue, whites of eyes and pupils with tip 3 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe in collar with tip 9.
Outline and pipe in identification tag and ring with tip 3. Print tip 3 number on tag.
Cover body, face, ears and tail with tip 16 stars.
Use tip 3 to print name on hat. Insert hat into cake; add pull-out fringe and pom-pom with tip 3.
Pipe tip 21 shell bottom border and position bones.