9 x 1 1/2 in. Exce…
Harvest Salsa Pie
- 1 pkg (15 ounce) pie crusts refrigerated, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/3 cup green pepper chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 cup Olives sliced and ripe
- 2 cups Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Pesto sauce
- barbecue sauce
- yellow mustard
Salsa serves 6.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In large skillet, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain well.
Stir in salsa, corn, olives and cheese. Line ungreased pie pan with one pie crust; fill with beef mixture.
Roll out remaining pie crust on lightly floured surface.
Using mini metal cutters, cut out assorted shapes; brush each with pesto, barbecue sauce, yellow mustard or ketchup.
Place pastry shapes over beef mixture in pan.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until filling is heated through and crust is golden brown.
If leaves were baked separately, add to top of baked pie and serve.