Floating Tiers Cak…
Harvest Of Happiness Cake
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add White Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list White Cake Sparkles™
- Coarse Granulated Sugar
Cake serves 116.
- Easy-Add 6 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2B Add to shopping list Tip: 2B
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Floating Tiers Cake Stand Set Add to shopping list Floating Tiers Cake Stand Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Silk ivy leaves
- Waxed paper
In advance, use royal icing and tip 2B (smooth side up) to pipe approximately 90 3-in. long bands on waxed paper. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
When completely dry, brush with a mixture of piping gel and water, then sprinkle with coarse granulated sugar. Let dry once again.
Ice cakes smooth in buttercream. Attach royal icing bands to cake sides (20 on 6 in. cake; 30 on 10 in. cake; 40 on 14 in. cake) with tip 4 and buttercream icing. Pipe tip 21 rosette bottom borders on all tiers.
At reception, position cakes on stand. Dip ivy in water and add Cake Sparkles. Dip fruit in Cake Sparkles and position immediately on cake.
*Note: The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.