Happy Tabby Cake
The purr-fect Halloween treat! Curious cat features single- layer round and heart shaped cakes with cookie details. Star fill-in technique makes it easy to decorate.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
Cakes serve 12; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Heart Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
In advance: Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough. Use patterns to cut ear, front leg and 2 back feet; reverse patterns and repeat. Cut 1 tail. Bake and cool cookies. Trim 2 cookie sticks to 4 in. Attach stick to back of each ear with melted candy, leaving 2 1/2 in. extending at bottom. Let set.
Bake and cool 2 in. high round and 1 in. high heart cake. Position cakes on foil-covered board. Position tail and insert ears. Sandwich matching back feet cookies with icing and position. Pipe in tip 1A eyes (flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 12 dot nose and pupils (pat smooth). Use tip 3 to outline and pipe in mouth and inner ears (pat smooth). Cover all with tip 21 stars. Position front legs. Cover with tip 21 stars. Overpipe tip 3 outline mouth and whiskers.