Happy Little House Gingerbread Cookies
What a welcoming home for the holidays! Why not set one at each plate for your seasonal parties? Cut house and gingerbread boy from our delicious Grandma’s Gingerbread Recipe and decorate with quick-drying Royal Icing in festive shades.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Fruit stripe gum
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Nesting Houses Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Houses Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Holiday Mini Cutter Set Add to shopping list Holiday Mini Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add 8 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Paring Knife
Prepare and roll out gingerbread dough. Cut house using largest cutter; cut boy using cutter from holiday set. Bake and cool.
Ice door and window areas smooth with spatula. Pipe tip 12 outline roof and awning (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Outline door and windows with tip 5. Add tip 2 icicles on windowsills and dots around door and windows. Add tip 2 zigzag door window (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 2 dot doorknob.
Pipe alternating tip 2 and tip 5 stripes on roof; add tip 5 stripes on awning. Pipe tip 5 ball rocks below lower window.
For boy, pipe tip 2 eyes, mouth, bow tie and buttons. Attach to house with icing.
Attach stick of gum to back of house for chimney. Pipe tip 5 ball snow.
Note: Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red for red shown.