Happy Landing! Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Color Mist™ Food Color Spray Add to shopping list Black Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 54, each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- 8 in. Round pan 3 in. highEasy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- 10 in. Round Pan 2 in. highEasy-Add 10 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 in. Round Pan
- 12 in. Round Pan 2 in. highEasy-Add 12 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Gingerbread Boy Metal Cutter Add to shopping list Gingerbread Boy Metal Cutter
- Easy-Add Cakes ´N More 3 Tier Party Stand Add to shopping list Cakes ´N More 3 Tier Party Stand
- Index card
- Non-toxic markers
- Double stick tape
- Liquid correction fluid
- Spaceship Pattern
1 day in advance, make cookies: Cut out 8 gingerbread boys using cutter and 2 space ships using patterns. Tint remaining cookie dough using lemon yellow with a touch of golden yellow.
Cut out 12 medium stars and 15 large stars using Star Cut-Outs; sprinkle with yellow sugar. Make extras of all cookies to allow for breakage. Bake and cool.
Make color flow icing and tint light violet, dark violet, black, gray, red, and reserve some white. Mark large circles and door pattern on space ship cookies using toothpick. Using full strength color flow and tip 3, outline details on spaceship and astronauts.
Thin black, violet and white color flow and flow in background areas using a cut parchment bag. Let set overnight.
Bake and cool 1-layer 8 in. round 3 in. high and 1 layer 10 and 12 in. rounds, each 2 in. high. Ice lightly in buttercream icing to prepare for rolled fondant covering.
Tint fondant gray, roll out to 1/4 in. thick and cover cakes. Smooth with Easy Glide Smoother.
Use assorted round household objects: measuring spoons, melon baller, thimble, bottle caps, etc. to imprint craters on cakes.
Spray with Color Mist in random dark and light areas. Let dry, set aside and keep cakes out of direct light to prevent fading.
Using full strength color flow and tip 6, outline details and pipe dots on spaceship. Using tip 3, pipe patches on astronaut´s uniforms. Pat down and let dry.
Attach some stars to cake sides. Attach lollipop sticks to remaining stars, astronauts and spaceship using full strength color flow. Let dry.
Position cakes on cake stand. Trim sticks as needed and insert into cakes. Make flag: Cut index card to 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 in.
Color 1 1/4 x 1 1/2 in. blue field. Mark 1/4 in. red and white alternating stripes. For stars, dab liquid correction fluid in star pattern on blue field using a toothpick.
Attach flag to lollipop stick using double stick tape. Insert into cake.