Happy Birthday, Spike! Cake
Dinosaur-loving kids will cheer when you serve this candy-scaled, spiky-tailed figure. Build the lizard from cakes baked in our Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan and Mini Wonder Mold Pan.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Mini Wonder Mold Pan Add to shopping list Mini Wonder Mold Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- 2002 Pattern Book (Scales and Toenail Patterns)Easy-Add 2002 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2002 Pattern Book
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Waxed paper
*Brand confectionery coating
In advance, using patterns, make scales and toenails: Tint melted white candy violet using candy color.
Cover patterns with waxed paper, outline and fill-in with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Tap gently to even out and refrigerate until firm. Carefully remove from waxed paper.
Bake and cool cakes using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Trim ears from Bear cake. Cut Mini Wonder Mold cake in half.
Attach Mini Wonder Mold half to back of bear with icing. Attach large marshmallows with icing to build up tail area (cut in gradually shorter pieces to taper towards bottom).
Cover tail area and build up face and arms with tip 12 in buttercream. Pipe-in tip 12 whites of eyes and bottoms of feet. Add tip 4 dot pupils and nostrils, string mouth.
Cover face and body with tip 18 stars. Insert candy scales and toenails.