Happy Bee-Day! Cake
The birthday party will be buzzing when guests see this bright Happy Bee-Day Cake! He's just one of the ingenious insects you can bake with our Lady Bug Cake Pan — more ideas are on the label.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Lady Bug Pan Add to shopping list Lady Bug Pan
- Easy-Add Heart Comfort Grip™ Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Heart Comfort Grip™ Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Craft block
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make cookie wings. Roll out dough and cut 2 wings using heart cutter. Combine Leaf Green and Lemon Yellow for green shown. Combine Violet and Rose for violet shown. Trim 1 1/4 in. from pointed end of each heart; bake and cool. Cover cookies with thinned royal icing; let dry.
Pipe tip 3 dots on wings using full-strength royal icing. Paint three lollipop sticks with brush dipped in black icing color; insert in craft block to dry. Make ends for stinger and antennae. On waxed paper pipe tip 12 balls, 1 in. diameter, in royal icing; let dry. Top each ball with tip 3 swirls in royal icing. Attach balls to black lollipop sticks with royal icing; let dry. Position cake on foil-wrapped board, cut to fit. Pipe tip 3 mouth and pipe in eyes (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Ice feet smooth. Cover face and body with tip 16 stars. Insert plain lollipop sticks on cake sides for wing supports; position wings on top. Insert antennae and stinger.