Hanukkah (Soofganiot) Doughnuts
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugars Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugars
- Easy-Add Blue Colored Sugars Add to shopping list Blue Colored Sugars
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) buttermilk biscuit dough large refrigerated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raspberry pastry filling or strawberry pastry filling, jam
- vegetable oil for frying
Doughnuts serves 8-12.
Heat about 3-inches of oil in heavy pot between 360-370°F. Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Separate biscuits and roll each approximately 1/8 - inch thick. Cut biscuit dough with Wilton's 6-Point Star Cutter.
Fry 2 to 3 doughnuts at a time, until the undersides of the doughnuts are golden brown. Gently turn doughnuts over once and finish frying the other side.
Lift doughnuts out of the oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
*Repeat with remaining dough. With a Wilton Disposable Decorating Bag and Tip 230, fill with jam.
Heat Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing, thinned slightly with water for 45 seconds to one minute on high or until soft enough to pour.
Place cooling grid over waxed or parchment paper; pour icing over doughnuts and spread with spatula or fork.
Decorate with Blue and Yellow Sprinkles or sprinkle plain doughnuts with cinnamon/sugar.
*Remaining dough may be re-rolled and cut-out.