Hangin' in the Pines Cake
We used melted candy to make the ornament and tree limbs but you could achieve similar results using icing! The fondant-covered cake provides a smooth background for your decorations.
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Green Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Green Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 18.
- Easy-Add 9 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Ornament Cookie Mold Add to shopping list Ornament Cookie Mold
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
Make the following decorations using melted Candy Melts®. Ornament: Using ornament cookie mold and "painting" method, make a candy plaque, filling mold half full. Pine boughs: On waxed paper, using tip 2, pipe several random branches; pull out main stem and add short needles. Also, make approximately 100 v-shaped short needles. Let set. Using tip 2, overpipe branches and attach v-shaped needles to branches. Berries: On waxed paper, pipe approximately 50 tip 2 red dots. Refrigerate all to set.
Prepare 2-layer cake for rolled fondant. Smooth fondant with Easy-Glide Smoothers. Pipe tip 21 rosette bottom border. Position berries in rosette centers and position v-shaped needles between rosettes.
Position candy plaque on cake top. Using spatula, carefully position pine boughs on cake top. Attach extra v-shaped needles using melted candy as needed. Attach berries with tip 2 dots of icing.