Halloween Spider Petit Fours
Serve these spider-decorated petit fours on your Halloween sweet table, or give to your favorite trick-or-treaters. Wilton Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing covers the cakes, and it shows off the black buttercream icing spider and web decorations quite creepily!
Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Each treat serves 1.
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Ultimate Cake Leveler Add to shopping list Ultimate Cake Leveler
- Plastic ruler
- Round Cut-Outs™ Fondant Cutters (largest [2 1/4 in.] used)Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs™ Fondant Cutters Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs™ Fondant Cutters
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Parchment Paper Add to shopping list Non-Stick Parchment Paper
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Small serving plates
Make mini cakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool cake. Use cake leveler to trim cake to 2 in. high. Use largest round cut-out to cut out cake circles.
Cover mini cakes with icing. Reserve a small amount of icing. Heat remaining icing in container at defrost setting (30% power) for 20-30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until consistency of icing will pour. Place cakes on cooling grid positioned over parchment paper. Cover cakes with poured icing. Tap grid gently to remove air bubbles. Let dry 1 hour.
Decorate mini cakes. Tint reserved icing black. Use tip 2 and black icing to pipe spider web designs, spiders and strings on cakes. Place cakes on small serving plates. Use tip 3 and black icing to pipe bead bottom borders.