Halloween Homebodies Cookies
It’s an address definitely possessed for the holidays. There are multiple things going on everywhere you glance at this location. First, a very detailed and decorated cookie house, complete with ghosts, bats and a gigantic moon. Next, a lawn covered with cookie tombstones, ghosts, pumpkins, bats, tinted coconut grass and spiked fences.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Smiling Pumpkin Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Smiling Pumpkin Icing Decorations
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Pre-Baked and Pre-Assembled Halloween Cookie House Kit Add to shopping list Pre-Baked and Pre-Assembled Halloween Cookie House Kit
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 1D Add to shopping list Tip: 1D
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Halloween Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Halloween Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Nesting Ghosts Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Ghosts Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Halloween Mini Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Halloween Mini Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Round Comfort Grip™ Cutter Add to shopping list Round Comfort Grip™ Cutter
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. and 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. and 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add 2007 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2007 Pattern Book
- Waxed paper
- Cellophane Tape
- Zip-Close Plastic Bag
- Plastic tablecloth
- Craft foam sheets one 12 x 36 x 1 in. deep, three 12 x 36 x 2 in. deep
In advance: Decorate cookie house following kit instructions; set aside. Also: Make cookies. Tint 1/3 of dough light gray and a small portion dark gray. Roll out light gray dough; using Halloween metal cutters cut 8-10 tombstone cookies. Thin dark gray dough with water to piping consistency; outline tombstones with tip 6. Roll out plain dough. Using patterns, cut 1 cat cookie support and 30 to 36 large cookie supports.
Using Halloween metal cutters, cut 4 ghosts. Using Halloween mini cutters, cut 4 bats, 2 skulls and 1 cat. Using 2 smallest nesting ghost cutters, cut 5 ghosts in each size, reversing some. Also cut 1 large round cookie for moon.
Bake and cool all cookies. Cover all cookies except tombstones with thinned royal icing; let dry. Make 4 small, 7 medium and 10 large fence sections using full-strength royal icing. Tape patterns to board and cover with waxed paper; secure with tape. Pipe tip 7 horizontal posts, tip 5 vertical posts and tip 3 points on top of posts.
Make extras to allow for breakage; let dry.
Decorate cookies with royal icing. For ghosts, pipe tip 2 dot eyes and mouth, tip 1 dot pupils and tongues, tip 4 dot cheeks.
For bats and cats, pipe tip 1 dot and string eyes, mouths and whiskers. Position skulls on waxed paper. Pipe tip 1 dot and string facial features. Separately pipe tip 5 outline arms, 1 1/2 in. long; add tip 2 hands and pull-out fingers. Color lollipop sticks with violet FoodWriter.
Attach ghosts, 3 bats and moon cookie to lollipop sticks with royal icing (use 11 3/4 in. sticks for moon, bats and 3 ghosts raised above display). Attach remaining bat cookie to moon. For tombstones, print tip 1 message; let dry. Attach supports to cookie backs with royal icing (use 2 supports for large cookies); let dry.
For fence bases, cut cardboard in 1 x 1 1/2, 1 x 2 1/2 and 1 x 4 in. sizes. Cut 2 extra 1 x 2 1/2 in. bases for skulls and arms. For fence sections, pipe tip 1D band (smooth side up) on each base; insert fence sections and let set. For skulls and arms, attach to base with dots of royal icing.
Assemble display using craft foam sheets. Tint coconut green; position around house and cookies.
*Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green used for skull head, hands and bat facial features. Combine Brown with Red-Red for skull arms.