Halloween Dreams Cookie
Sleepy-eyed hoot owls, crafted from cookies shaped with Oval Cut-Outs, stimulate appetites and smiles aplenty. Use Color Flow Mix icings to amplify the sweetness factor and add owl-like features.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
Each Cookie serves 1
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 366 Add to shopping list Tip: 366
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough. For each treat, cut 2 ovals using large cutter from set. Cut curve in top of heads, about 1/4 in. deep, using narrow end of cutter. Bake and cool. Outline cookies with tip 3 and full-strength icing; flow in with thinned icing. Let dry overnight.
Decorate and assemble owl using full-strength icing. Using tip 2, outline and fill in 3/4 in. wide scalloped eyes and 1/2 in. long nose; pat smooth with fingertip dipped in cornstarch. Pipe tip 2 eyelashes and tip 3 pull-out horns. Using tip 366, pipe pull-out wings. Attach head; support top with a section of Cake Board to hold level until icing dries.
* Combine Violet with Rose for violet shades shown.