Hail The Birthday King! Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Chocolate Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Chocolate Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles Add to shopping list Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles
Cake serves 75.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- 2 Square plates (9 inches)
- Easy-Add 7 in. Grecian Pillars Add to shopping list 7 in. Grecian Pillars
- Easy-Add White Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list White Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Assorted Celebration Candles Add to shopping list Assorted Celebration Candles
- Easy-Add Assorted Pastel Baking Cups Add to shopping list Assorted Pastel Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Triple thick corrugated cardboard
- Craft knife
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Glue gun
Assemble high chair at least 2 days in advance. Cut out patterns from cake boards. Brush chair back board lightly with water and cover brown side of board with fondant. Before covering tray, roll 1/4 in. diameter x 24 in. long fondant string and attach with damp brush to outline tray. Cover tray and one square plate with white fondant; reserve 4 in. ball of fondant for chair feet. Let all parts dry for 2 days on waxed paper covered board.
Attach tray supports: cut three dowel rod pieces to 3 1/2 in. high and hot glue to underside of tray (one in center and one at each side); let dry. Attach chair back supports: Cut dowel rod in half and glue each half so that approximately 4 1/2 in. extends from bottom edge of chair back. Cut four 6 in. dowel rod pieces to position horizontally between pillars for chair leg braces; cut rounded ends to fit against rounded pillars.
Decorate bear cake: Ice smooth inside ears and pads of feet. Outline mouth with tip 4; pipe-in tip 6 eyes and nose (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Cover bear with tip 16 stars. For hat, trim sugar cone to desired height, ice smooth and position. Pipe tip 16 pull out fringe; add tip 6 number "1". Pipe tip 21 pull out star on paw; add rainbow nonpareils. Cover cupcake with tip 21 rosettes and sprinkle with nonpareils.
Prepare and cover 3 in. high square cake (two 1 1/2 in. layers) with blue fondant. Pipe tip 1M shell bottom border. Cover second square plate with blue fondant. Remove fondant from footed area of plate. Turn pillars upside down (scrolled end on bottom). Using reserved ball of fondant, roll 1/2 in. diameter strings and wrap around pillars for chair feet. Hot glue horizontal leg braces; let dry. Position top plate with bear. Edge chair back with tip 3 scallops. Position tray in front of bear. Attach chair back on bear's back with a small amount of icing.
Position cupcake with candle. Print tip 6 name. Cupcake can be used as a smash cake.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more