Guess Who's Coming To Dinner? Cake
More than a little creepy, this head on a platter cake is sure to give your party guests the chills! It’s all edible…from the gumball eyeballs to the fondant veggie decorations.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
2 Large white gumballs
Cake serves 10.
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Set Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 17 Add to shopping list Tip: 17
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Silver Platter
- Paring Knife
Divide fondant into thirds. Tint one section red, one section orange. Divide remaining section in half and tint light and dark green. Roll carrot shapes out of orange fondant, mark horizontal lines with paring knife. Roll out dark green fondant about 1/8 in. thick and cut narrow strips with scissors; gather at one end and attach to top of carrots with water. Roll red fondant into balls for cherry tomatoes. Knead remaining light and dark green fondant together to marbleize, roll out about 1/8 in. thick, ruffle edges with pointed wooden dowel rod (sharpened in pencil sharpener) and place on cotton balls dusted with cornstarch to dry.
Position cake on platter. Ice front of cake smooth in very light copper. Cut two holes for eye sockets. Ice inside of eye socket and mouth smooth in black icing. Position one gumball in socket. Using tip 12, build up icing heavily on areas of eyelids, nose, cheeks, ears and chin. Let icing crust, dip hands in cornstarch and mold icing to create wrinkles. Position square gum for teeth. Using tip 4, outline lips and eyelid. Add tip 17 pull-out hair and eyebrows. Position "loose" eyeball with dots of icing. Using tip 2, pipe string veins on eyeballs and add dot centers. Position head on platter. Arrange fondant lettuce, carrots and cherry tomatoes around head.