Grill of Your Dreams Candy
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Black licorice bits
Candy serves 5-6.
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Set Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Glue stick
- Paring Knife
Make a 1/4 in. thick candy shell using Sports Ball Pan half and melted red candy. Make 2 recipes of candy clay, one using 14 oz. of red candy remaining from preparing shell, the other using white candy. Divide white candy clay and tint black, gray and yellow using candy colors (use a small amount of black color for gray). Divide red candy clay and tint brown for hamburgers (add green) and red for hot dogs (add a little white); reserve remaining red for trim on grill.
For grate, lay lollipop sticks 1/2 in. apart on waxed paper-covered 6 in. cake circle. Trim sticks to fit. Wrap each stick with Fanci-Foil, attaching with glue stick. Reposition sticks on cake circle.
Roll a 3/8 in. diameter rope of red candy clay, place over sticks on inside edge of cake circle, press down to cover ends of sticks. Attach sticks to bottom of grate rim with melted candy; Let dry.
For legs, cut plastic dowel rods into three 3 1/2 in. lengths. Trim ends on an angle to fit against grill base. Wrap in Fanci-Foil, attaching with glue stick.
To assemble grill, turn candy shell upside down. Shape three 1 in. diameter balls from red candy clay; flatten bottoms and attach with melted candy.
Insert legs, attaching with melted candy; let dry before turning upright. Roll out black candy clay 3/8 in. thick; cut 2 wheels using smallest round cutter from set.
Roll out gray candy clay 1/8 in. thick; cut 2 hubcaps using large end of tip 2A. Attach hubcaps to wheels, then wheels to legs with melted candy; let set.
Shape hot dogs, 2 1/2 x 1/2 in. thick. Score casing lines at ends using paring knife. Draw grill marks using black FoodWriter™. Shape hamburgers 1 3/4 x 1/4 in. thick. Score edges using paring knife. Roll out yellow candy 1/16 in. thick and cut 1 1/2 in. squares for cheese; position on burgers. Fill candy shell grill with licorice bits. Position grate, arrange food on top.
To make candy shells: Fill pan or mold to top edge with melted candy. Tap on counter to remove air bubbles. Let chill in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes or until a 1/4 in. shell has formed. Pour out excess candy, smooth top edges with spatula and chill for 15-20 minutes longer.
Carefully unmold shells (if you have difficulty removing shells, place in freezer for 2-3 minutes, then unmold). Excess candy can be reheated and used again.
*Brand confectionery coating.