Dessert Decorator …
Grand Canopy Tart
- Easy-Add Wilton Whipping Icing Mix Add to shopping list Wilton Whipping Icing Mix
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Tart Crust
- Pastry Cream
- Fresh kiwi (6 needed)
- Fresh Red Raspberries (2 pints)
Tart serves 12.
- Dessert Decorator Pro™ (Includes tip 366)Easy-Add Dessert Decorator Pro™ Add to shopping list Dessert Decorator Pro™
- Easy-Add 9" Non-Stick Round Tart Pan Add to shopping list 9" Non-Stick Round Tart Pan
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 9 pc. Flower Former Set Add to shopping list 9 pc. Flower Former Set
- Waxed paper
In advance, make candy arches: On waxed paper, mark ten 3 3/4 in. long x 1/2 in. wide strips for arch patterns. Place pattern sheets on flat surface, and fill in patterns with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Carefully lay strips lengthwise over largest flower former; refrigerate to set. When completely set, overpipe strips for strength; refrigerate to set. Make extras to allow for breakage. Carefully peel off waxed paper and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. blend in flour. Form into balls and chill for 15 minutes. Pat dough on bottom and up sides of pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
In medium saucepan, combine milk and vanilla bean and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile in mixer bowl combine sugar, flour, cornstarch, and egg yolks. Beat on high speed until thick and pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
Remove vanilla bean. Gradually pour about 1/3 of the hot milk into the egg mixture, stirring to combine. Scrape the egg mixture back into the pan and cook, whisking constantly over low to medium heat, scraping the bottom and corners of the pan to prevent scorching, until the pastry cream is thickened and begins to bubble. Continue to cook, whisking 45-60 seconds. Using a clean spatula, scrape the pastry cream into a clean bowl. If vanilla bean is not used, add 3/4 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract. Cover the surface of the custard with waxed or parchment paper to prevent skin from forming. Let cool; refrigerate before using. Will keep refrigerated up to 2 days.
Bake and cool tart crust. Fill with pastry cream. Arrange thin slices of peeled kiwi on top of cream. Position candy arches around edge of tart. Using Dessert Decorator Pro™ fitted with tip 366, pipe whipped icing zigzags on top of strips. Position raspberries on topping; fill center with remaining raspberries.