Gracing the Occasion Cake
Cake serves 82.
- Hexagon Pan Set (6, 12, 15 x 2 inch pans used)Easy-Add Hexagon Pan Set Add to shopping list Hexagon Pan Set
- Easy-Add Cross Pan Add to shopping list Cross Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Roses in Bloom Candy Mold Add to shopping list Roses in Bloom Candy Mold
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Waxed paper
- 1/2 inch thick foamcore board
- 3/8 inch wide fabric trim (1 1/2 yardes needed)
- Glue gun
In advance: Mold all candy pieces. Using 1 pk. of Candy Melts, mold 160 roses. Fill only rose portion of each cavity. Refrigerate until firm; unmold. Make cross plaque, filling base and 3/4 in. of bevel area with 2 pks. of Candy Melts. Refrigerate until firm; unmold. Make easels from vertical length of cross with 1 bag candy. Refrigerate until set and with hot knife cut in half lengthwise. Trim off bevel edge on bottom end of cross and easels. Pipe scroll designs and attach candy roses using melted candy in cut parchment bag. Mold cake top plaques in 6 in., 12 in. and 15 in. pans. Make 12 medium and 12 large side swags using medium and large circle cutters.
Make base board using triple-thick cake boards cut to fit; wrap with foil and attach fabric trim. Ice 2-layer 12 and 15 in. cakes smooth and prepare for Stacked Construction. Position 15 in. candy plaque on 15 in. cake; stack 12 in. cake and 12 in. candy plaque. Use icing to pipe tip 5 bead bottom borders; pipe tip 3 beads at corners. Use icing dots to attach candy swags to cake sides (medium swags on 12 in. cake, large on 15 in. cake). Use melted candy to attach candy roses at top borders and around 6 in. plaque. Use melted candy to attach 2 easels to back of cross, attach cross to 6 in. hexagon plaque; refrigerate until firm.
At reception: Position 6 in. plaque and cross on 12 in. cake; secure with melted candy. Let set.