Grabbing His Garden Gift Cake
The Easter bunny is caught Grabbing His Garden Gift. 3-D cake-on-cake design features fondant flowers you make and shape ahead of time using the Pastel Multi Pack of Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant .
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Brown candy-coated chocolates
Pink jelly bean
Cake serves 27.
- Oval Pan Set 13 1/2 x 9 7/8 in. neededEasy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add 3-D Bunny Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Bunny Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Daisy Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Daisy Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 3 Cloth-covered florist wires 6 in. lengths needed
- Craft block
- Drinking straw
At least 48 hours in advance: Make
fondant daisies. Tint 4 oz. white fondant violet using violet icing color with a little rose.
Add rose color to pastel pink fondant to deepen color. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to each 4 oz. fondant.
Roll out colors 1/8 in. thick and cut 30 medium and 20 small daisies in various colors using Cut-Outs.
On thin foam, soften petals from outside petal tip toward center using medium ball tool from set.
Cup centers of flowers on thick foam using dogbone tool. Roll 1/8 to 1/4 in. fondant balls for flower centers; flatten slightly and attach with damp brush.
Let dry on medium flower formers dusted with cornstarch. At least 24 hours in advance: Make 3 flower calyxes. Roll a 1/2 in. ball of pastel green fondant; shape into a teardrop.
Dip florist wire in water and insert in tip of teardrop; flatten top and let dry overnight in craft block. Attach 3 large daisies to bases with thinned fondant adhesive.
Ice 1-layer oval cake smooth. Dowel rod area where bunny will sit. Position bunny cake. Ice inner ears smooth.
Outline legs and mouth with tip 3. Build up hands with tip 1A. Cover bunny with tip 16 stars. Add tip 16 rosette tail.
Attach candy-coated chocolate eyes and jelly bean nose with dots of icing. Attach daisies to cake sides with dots of icing.
Thread wired flowers through a 1 1/2 in. piece of drinking straw. Push straw up to align with hand position.
Add a 2 in. piece of drinking straw to bottoms of wires for inserting in base cake. Insert flowers in hands.