Good Luck Bread
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough
- 2 cans (4 oz. each) chopped chilies , drained
- 1 cup red onions , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
Bread serve 12-14.
Spray pan with vegetable pan spray. Follow thawing directions on bread package.
Saute chilies, onion, chili powder, salt and pepper in olive oil until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Flatten each loaf to approximately. a 5"x13" rectangle and fill with half chili mixture. Pinch edges together and place seam down in pan; pinching top edge of loaf together.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Let rise until doubled, 2 hours. Brush with olive oil and gently press remaining filling and cheese on dough. Bake 30-35 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped and golden brown. Cool pan and rack 10 minutes. Run thin spatula around edge to loosen. Remove from Pan to finish cooling.