Gone Buggy Mini Cake
A creepy culinary treat you and your kids won’t mind eating on Halloween, create these mini cakes using the 6-Cavity Silicone Mini Scary Skulls Mold.
Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
Lemon Yellow Icing Color (Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown)Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Silicone Mini Skulls Mold Add to shopping list Silicone Mini Skulls Mold
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Waxed paper
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
Bake and cool cakes. Place cakes on cooling grid positioned over waxed paper-covered cookie sheet.
Tint one can icing copper. Heat in microwave at defrost setting (30% power) for 20-30 seconds; stir. Repeat until consistency of icing will pour. Pour over cakes. Let set.
Tint portions of icing black and green; leave some white. Use tip 3 and black icing to outline and fill in mouth. Pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Use tip 3 and white icing to pipe in teeth. Pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Use tip 4 and white icing to pipe ball eyeballs. Use tip 3 and black icing to pipe in pupils. Use tip 2 and black icing to pipe outline eyebrows. Use tip 2 and copper icing to pipe dot nose.
Use tip 4 and green icing to pipe ball spider body. Use tip 2 and white icing to pipe dot spider eyeballs. Use tip 1 and black icing to pipe dot pupils and outline eyebrows. Use tip 1 and green icing to pipe outline legs.