Golden Scrolls Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Gold Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Gold Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Gold 50th Anniversary Cake Pick Add to shopping list Gold 50th Anniversary Cake Pick
- Easy-Add Graceful Tiers Cake Stand Add to shopping list Graceful Tiers Cake Stand
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- 2 White plastic drinking straws
In advance: Make spirals for cake top. Roll out portion of gum paste 1/8 in. thick. Cut five strips 1/4 in. wide in various lengths from 9 to 11 in. For each, wrap 3/4 in. of one end around a lollipop stick and smooth. Set on cornstarch-dusted board and shape into spiral. Make extras to allow for breakage. Let dry.
Prepare 2-layer cakes for rolled fondant. Cover with fondant and smooth with Fondant Smoother.
Knead remaining gum paste into 16 oz. fondant; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 5/8 in. wide strips 19, 25 1/2 and 32 in. long for bottom borders; brush backs with water and attach.
Cut 1/4 in. wide strips in various lengths from 6 to 12 in. Set strips on side on cornstarch-dusted surface and shape into spirals; let set 15 to 30 minutes. Use royal icing to pipe tip 2 outline on back edge; attach to cake sides in random order. Mix Pearl Dust with small amount of lemon extract; brush onto bottom borders and edges of all spirals.
At reception: Position cakes on stand. Insert top spirals. Cut drinking straws to 5 in. long; attach to 50th pick for extra height. Insert pick.