Going Berry Picking Mini Cakes
Single-serve mini cakes will have guests Going Berry Picking. A circle of cake is coated with candy, decorated and topped by a collection of seasonal fruits that adds color and flavor.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Fresh mint leaves
Each basket serves 1.
- Easy-Add 7 x 11 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 7 x 11 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Comfort Grip™ Round Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Comfort Grip™ Round Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
Several days in advance, make a handle for each basket: Prepare Candy Clay recipe. Roll candy clay into 1/4 in. diameter logs and cut two 8 in. lengths for each cake.
Twist together logs into a rope and shape into an arc with open end about 2 3/4 in. apart at widest point. Place on waxed paper-covered cake board, dusted with confectioners' sugar, and let dry till firm.
Bake and cool 2 in. high cake. Cut out cake pieces using round cutter.
Place pieces on cooling grid over drip pan; pour melted candy over pieces to completely cover. Refrigerate until firm.
Using dividing set, divide each cake into 16ths and pipe a row of tip 16 shells at each division mark.
Trim ends of handle so that they are flat and attach to basket with melted candy. Position berries and mint leaves.
*Brand confectionery coating.