Go Girls! Mini Cakes
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (42 oz. for 4 mini cakes)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers (using black)Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Silver Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Silver Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
Each Mini-Cake serves 1
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Mini Doll Pick Set Add to shopping list Mini Doll Pick Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
- Small Rubber Band
In advance: Prepare fondant and make windshield and steering wheel. Tint 8 oz. fondant in each car color (we show yellow, orange, violet and rose) plus a 1 in. ball of red, 4 oz. black; reserve 5 oz. white. For windshields, combine 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex with a small amount of fondant in matching car color. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 1/8 in. wide strips as follows: one 2 1/4 in. long top, one 2 in. long botto m and two 3/4 in. long sides. Attach strips at corners using fondant adhesive. Let dry on waxed paper-covered board dusted with cornstarch.For steering wheel, roll out a portion of black fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut wheel using wide end of tip 2A. Cut center using narrow end of tip 12 and gently remove; use knife to cut thin strips for grip areas. Attach to wheel with adhesive and let dry.
Bake and cool cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. For cars, cut a 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 in. rectangle for each treat. trim cakes to 1 1/2 in. high; trim front and back to shape curved hood and angled trunk. Cut out 1 1/2 x 1 1/4 x 1 1/2 in. deep passenger area, starting 1 1/4 in. from back of car. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick as needed. Prepare and cover car with rolled fondant, using white for passenger area, colors for car. Use modeling tool from set to imprint details: hood, side doors, trunk. Roll out remaining black fondant. Use wide end of tip 2A to cut 4 wheels; attach using damp brush. Cut 4 colored strips 1/4 x 2 in. and attach above wheels for wheel covers. Roll out white. Cut 2 1/2 x 3/8 in. front and back bumpers using knife to round ends; 2 front white and 2 back red lights using narrow end of tip 12; 4 white hubcaps using narrow end of tip 2A. Attach using damp brush. Paint with silver Pearl Dust/vanilla mixture.
Cut picks off bottom of dolls. Arrange hair in ponytail; secure with rubber band. Cover with thin strip of fondant. Cut and attach 1 x 2 1/2 in. strip to cover bodice; trim to fit. Attach 1/4 in. wide strips for shoulder straps. Cut 3/4 x 1/4 in. strips; cut and shape for sunglasses. Use black FoodWriter to draw in lenses. Attach to face and add thin strips for side pieces.
Roll a 1/4 in. ball of black fondant; shape and attach for steering column. Attach steering wheel and windshield using fondant adhesive. Position driver.
* Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.
* Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.