Glorious Glow Cake
Mark the passing of the holiday with a decorated cake. The make-ahead color flow star and flame add a Glorious Glow to the cake top. With care, your color flow work can be saved and reused!
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
Cake serves 32.
- Easy-Add 18 in. Half Round Pan Add to shopping list 18 in. Half Round Pan
- Easy-Add 9 x 5 in. Loaf Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 5 in. Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 14 Add to shopping list Tip: 14
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add 6-Point Star Cutter Add to shopping list 6-Point Star Cutter
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Make star color flow pattern using cookie cutter. Outline star and flame with tip 3 and color flow icing. When dry, flow in with thinned icing. Let dry.
Ice cakes smooth. Mark Menorah with toothpick. Outline with tip 4 strings.
Fill in Menorah with tip 16 stars; add tip 14 zigzags at top of candle holders.
Add tip 4 top and tip 8 bottom bead borders. Pipe tip 14 reverse scrolls on cake sides.
Position color flow star and flames.*
*NOTE: Since buttercream icing will break down color flow, position on a piece of plastic wrap cut to fit, sugar cubes or mini marshmallows.