Glittering Getaway Gingerbread House
Take our Pre-Baked Gingerbread House Kit in a fanciful direction, with pastel colors and swirling detail. Trims, doors, windows and base are touched with the glistening white Sparking Sugar to creative wintertime magic.
- Easy-Add Pre-baked Gingerbread House Kit Add to shopping list Pre-baked Gingerbread House Kit
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Two days in advance: Make assorted fondant trims. Add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 7 oz. fondant. Roll out a portion of white fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 2 circles using wide end of tip. Roll remaining fondant into 1/4 in. diameter logs. Following patterns, make 14 small and 2 large swirls and 2 loops. Tint 2 oz. fondant red. Roll 1/4 in. diameter red and white logs together; twist and roll smooth. Cut four 3 in. candy cane logs. Tint 6 oz. fondant yellow and 2 oz. orange. Shape 13 gumdrops 1/2 in. high in each color; reserve remaining yellow. Let all pieces dry. Brush with piping gel, coat with Sparkling Sugar; let dry overnight.
Make house: Trim cardboard base to 10 x 9 in. and cover with white fondant; brush with Piping Gel and coat with Sparkling Sugar. Tint 24 oz. fondant rose, 24 oz. green, 6 oz. violet, 1 oz. blue. Brush house pieces with Piping Gel and attach rose or green fondant. Let dry.
Assemble house following package directions; let dry.
Make house trims and attach with Piping Gel. Roll 1/4 in. diameter rose logs; attach under eaves. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut out blue door and yellow windows using patterns; attach. Cut 1/8 in. wide violet strips and attach for windowpanes. Roll 1/4 in. diameter logs for window and doorframes, 1/8 in. diameter violet and rose logs for window trims and 1/4 in. ball for doorknob; attach. Brush window frames and trims with Piping Gel and coat with Sparkling Sugar. For shingles and roof peak, roll 3/8 in. diameter logs; attach roof peak log. Shape shingles following shingle line pattern and attach. Brush with Piping Gel and coat with Sparkling Sugar. Use icing to attach swirl pieces to roof, loops to front and back roof peaks, candy cane logs to house corners and gumdrops around base.
Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.