Glee on the Green Cake
Celebrate a successful day on the links with a pair of kick-up-your-heels cakes. Cakes baked in a Teddy Bear Pan provide the foundations for these delighted duffers.
Rose Icing Color (for her)Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
Royal Blue Icing Color (for him)Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (12 ounces for each cake)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Silver Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Silver Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Each cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Teddy Bear Pan Add to shopping list Teddy Bear Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 47 Add to shopping list Tip: 47
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rod
- round plastic container (5 1/2 - 6 in. in diameter)
At least 2 days in advance: Prepare fondant hands, shoes, visor/hat brim and putter. Add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex™ to 12 oz. fondant. Tint 4 oz. gray for putter and putter head, 1 oz. black for handle, 2 oz. skin tone for hands, 1 oz. light gray or dark blue for shoe overlays. Roll out 1/8 in. thick (unless otherwise specified) when needed.
For putter: Cut wooden dowel rod to 10 in. long. Cut a 1 1/2 x 10 x 1/16 in. thick strip of gray fondant; brush back with damp brush, wrap around dowel rod to attach and smooth seam. Cut a 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1/16 in. thick strip of black fondant; brush back with damp brush, wrap around dowel rod to attach for handle and smooth seam. Score lines for texture using edge of spatula. Use pattern to cut 1/4 in. thick putter head. Score lines for grooves; attach with Thinned Fondant Adhesive. Let dry. Brush club head and shaft to handle with Pearl Dust. Attach hand (see below). Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
For hands: Use pattern to cut left hand; reverse pattern and cut right hand. Let 1 hand dry flat on cornstarch-dusted surface. Wrap other hand around prepared putter (thumb on top); attach with damp brush. Let dry. Use Thinned Fondant Adhesive to attach 2 cookie sticks trimmed to 4 in. to the back of each hand, leaving 2 in. extended. Let dry.
For visor brim: Cut using pattern. Set plastic container (5 1/2 to 6 in. diameter) upside down on board; curve fondant around outside; let dry.
For shoes: Use pattern to cut shoe and overlay; reverse pattern and cut 2nd shoe and overlay. Attach overlays to shoes using damp brush. Brush her overlays with Pearl Dust™. Cut eyelet holes using narrow end of tip 5. Let dry. Use Thinned Fondant Adhesive to attach 2 cookie sticks, trimmed to 4 in., to the back of each shoe, leaving 2 in. extended to insert into cake. Let dry.
Bake and cool cake. Trim off ears, eyes and muzzle; use icing to build up leg area to level of tummy. Ice smooth sleeve openings and mouth; outline mouth with tip 4. Pipe tip 5 dot eyes (flatten with finger dipped in cornstarch); pipe tip 4 dot pupils.
Using tip 5, outline waist, her pant cuffs and his cap; outline and fill in shirt collar (pat smooth). Pipe tip 18 zigzag trim on her shorts. Cover face, shirt, pants, her legs, his cap and his ears with tip 16 stars; overpipe noses and his ears for dimension.
For her, outline ears with tip 16 C-motion and pipe tip 16 reverse shell hair.
For him, outline tip 4 hair. Cut and attach a 10 x 1/2 x 1/8 in. thick white fondant strip for her visor base.
Pipe tip 3 bead tongue, outline eyebrows and dot buttons on his shirt. Pipe tip 47 (smooth side up) belt; overpipe tip 5 belt loops and buckle. Insert hands and feet. Pipe tip 18 line for socks; pipe tip 3 outline laces and pull-out dot spikes. Position visor/hat brim.