Give Your Hearts Away Cookies
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Hearts Cutter 3 pc. Set Add to shopping list Hearts Cutter 3 pc. Set
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Waxed paper
Bake and cool 2 of each kind of cookie.
For cookies 1 and 2, use tip 3 and full-strength royal icing to outline 1/4 in. from edge of cookies and use thinned down icing to fill in; let dry several hours. Use tip 3 and full-strength icing to pipe scallops on edge and pipe center heart (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 1 to pipe center scrolls.
For cookies 3 and 4, position cookies on cooling grid placed over waxed-paper-lined cookie sheet. Pour thinned down icing cover cookies, tap to spread icing evenly; let dry several hours. Use tip 3 and full-strength to pipe dots and line trims.
For cookies 5 and 6, use tip 3 and full-strength royal icing to outline cookies and fill in with thinned down icing; let dry several hours. Use tip 6 and full-strength royal icing to pipe outline around large heart. Use tip 3 and full-strength icing to outline small center heart and fill in with thinned icing; let dry overnight.