Give-A-Hug Whoopie Pie
- Red spice drops
- granulated sugar
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
- Easy-Add Valentine Nonpareils Sprinkles Add to shopping list Valentine Nonpareils Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Candy Eyeballs Add to shopping list Candy Eyeballs
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
Each whoopie pie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Paring Knife
- Easy-Add Heart Shaped Whoopie Pie Pan Add to shopping list Heart Shaped Whoopie Pie Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
In advance, make arms and legs for character. Roll out red spice drops on granulated sugar-covered surface. Use knife to cut fingers and shapes for right and left hand. Make a small slit in the bottom of hands and insert black shoestring licorice for arms. Set aside.
For legs and feet, shape a full red spice drops into feet with your hands. Create a left and right foot. Make a small slit in the tops of feet and insert black shoestring licorice for legs. Set aside.
Bake and cool whoopie pies. Use tip 12 and whoopie pie filling to fill pie. Sandwich two pies together. Add Valentine nonpareils to sides of pie.
Prepare buttercream icing. Tint portions black, rose and red; reserve portion white. Use tip 1 and white icing to attach candy eyeballs. Use tip 1 and black icing to outline and fill in mouth (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 1 and rose icing to pipe cheeks (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 1 and red icing to pipe tongue. Insert arms and legs.