This 2-cake creation showcases a giggling octopus made using the Sports Ball pan. Each piped tentacle reaches out to hold a birthday candle. The round seascape below can be made larger to serve extra party guests.
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 48.
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan
- Easy-Add 12 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Block Letter Press Set Add to shopping list Block Letter Press Set
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Birthday Candles
Ice 2-layer round cake smooth. Cut and position 3 dowel rods where ball cake will go.
With knife, slice off rounded side on one half of ball cake so it sits level and place on a cake circle cut to fit. Position atop round and ice top smooth.
Add other half of ball. Push a sharpened dowel rod down through both cakes.
Lightly ice face area on ball. With toothpick, draw octopus face. Outline mouth with tip 3. Cover ball cake with tip 16 stars.
Pipe in tip 6 whites of eyes, dot pupils, nose, cheeks and tongue (shaped and flatten with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Add tip 3 dot irises to eyes. Pipe tip 6 elongated bead brows. Mark 8 legs on top of round cake. Figure pipe with tip 2 A. Trim with tip 3 dots.
Imprint message on side with message pattern press. Cover message with tip 3 dots. Outline number and name with tip 6.
Mark seaweed randomly on sides. Outline with tip 3 strings. For fish bodies: Pipe tip 6 beads randomly on sides. Trim with tip 1 dot eyes and tip 3 outline tails.
Add tip 3 tinted piping gel dot bubbles.
With tip 18 and spatula-striped icing, edge top of round cake with reverse shell borders; base with swirled shells. Push candles into legs.