Gifts of Bread and Wine Cake
The delicate openwork swirls in our Wire Lace Cross and Filigree Gazebo give this blossom-filled communion cake a lighter-than-air look.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 90.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Set Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Wire Lace Cross Add to shopping list Wire Lace Cross
- Easy-Add Communion Girl Topper or other topper Add to shopping list Communion Girl Topper or other topper
- Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates (10 in. used)Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates
- 4 Arched Pillars (6 1/2 inch pillars used)Easy-Add Arched Pillars Add to shopping list Arched Pillars
- Easy-Add 16 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 16 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Kit Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Kit
- Easy-Add Filigree Gazebo Kit Add to shopping list Filigree Gazebo Kit
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Petite Romantic Heart Base Add to shopping list Petite Romantic Heart Base
- Hot Glue Gun
At least 3 days in advance, make flowers: Mix 24 oz. of fondant with 2 tablespoons of Gum-Tex; roll out. Using cutters from flower making set, make 120 wild roses, 100 pansies and 75 each forget-me-nots, apple blossoms, large and small daisies and calyxes. Dry on smallest flower formers, dusted with cornstarch. Add tip 3 dot centers to all flowers with royal icing.
Ice 1-layer round cakes and half ball cake smooth; prepare for pillar and stacked construction. Attach flowers with buttercream, completely covering all cakes.
At reception, assemble cakes. Position top piece of heart base on lower plate; attach Communion Girl to base with hot glue. Wrap smaller gazebo sections around pillars, using only 3 of 4 for bottom of pillars. Position Wire Lace Cross.