Gifts in High Gear Cake
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color
- Easy-Add Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Decorations Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Decorations
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
light corn syrup
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Dump Truck Pan Add to shopping list Dump Truck Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Square Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Square Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icing in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Make 4 1/4 cups buttercream icing
• Tint 1/2 cup blue
• Tint 3/4 cup yellow (thin 1/2 cup with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
• Tint 1/2 cup black
• Tint 1/4 cup violet
• Tint 1/4 cup orange
• Tint 1/4 cup gray (thin with 1/4 teaspoon light corn syrup)
• Reserve 1 3/4 cups white (thin 1 cup with 2 teaspoons light corn syrup)
Make 2 3/4 cups royal icing
• Tint 1/3 cup green
• Tint 1/3 cup red
• Tint 1/3 cup blue
• Tint 1/4 cup violet
• Tint 1/4 cup brown
• Tint 1/4 cup copper
• Tint 1/4 cup yellow
• Tint 1/4 cup black
• Reserve 1/2 cup white
Decorate in Order:
In advance: Make cookies. Prepare Roll-Out Cookie recipe; roll out. Cut packages using medium and large Square Cut-Outs. Cut head using smallest Round Cut-Out. Using knife, cut a 1 3/4 x 1 in. triangle for hat. Bake and cool.
Decorate cookies on waxed paper. Using tip 3, outline packages with royal icing in red, blue, orange and green, hat in violet and face in copper; let set.
Thin each color of royal icing using 1 teaspoon water per cup of icing. Using thinned icings in cut decorating bags, pipe in presents in red, blue, orange and green, hat in violet and face in copper. Let set.
Use tip 5 and full-strength white royal icing to pipe outline ribbon and bow on each package. Let set.
Use tip 2 and full-strength royal icing to pipe pull-out hair in brown and pompom in yellow. Let set.
Use tip 2 and full-strength royal icing to pipe dot eyes and outline mouth in black. Let set.
Trace pan shape on cake board. Cut board and wrap with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Position cake on board.
Ice sides and background areas smooth with thinned white buttercream icing. Ice window area smooth with thinned gray icing.
Use tip 3 and blue icing to outline cab.
Use tip 3 and yellow icing to outline trailer.
Use tip 18 and blue icing to cover cab with stars.
Use tip 18 and yellow icing to cover trailer with stars.
Use tip 5 and black icing to pipe in tire treads (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch)
Use tip 18 and black icing to pipe swirl tires.
Use tip 5 and blue and yellow icings to pipe outline wheel wells, trailer rim, bumpers and running board (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Use tip 5 and yellow icing to pipe in headlight. Use tip 3 and orange icing to pipe in front grille.
Use tip 3 and violet icing to pipe zigzag garland from trailer rim.
Use tip 5 and green icing to pipe dots on garland points.
Use tip 5 and black icing to pipe dot axles.
Use tip 21 and white icing to pipe shell bottom border.
Position confetti from Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Assortment on cake sides. Position cookie head and packages.