Gift-Wrapping Monkey Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Decorations (confetti used)Easy-Add Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Decorations Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley Sprinkles Decorations
- large marshmalllows
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Monkey Pan Add to shopping list Monkey Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make birthday hat and gifts.
For gifts, cut one 3 1/2 x 5 in. wide rectangle and two 3 x 3 in. squares. Set on waxed paper-covered board dusted with cornstarch. For large gift ribbon, cut a 1 x 3 1/2 in. long strip; attach to center using damp brush. For square gift ribbons, cut 3 in. long strips, 1/2 or 3/8 in. wide; attach to centers. For long yellow ribbon being tied, cut 2 strips, 1 x 5 in. long and 1 x 8 in. long. Cut V into 1 end; lightly pinch opposite end. Drape in position over back of cake pan dusted with cornstarch; let dry. For bows, cut 1/2 and 3/8 in. wide strips to match center ribbons. Cut 3 in. long strips for loops; curve and pinch ends together. Cut 1 1/2 in. long strips for straight ribbons; cut V into end. Cut 1 in. long strip for knot; roll 1/4 in. diameter flattened ball for button. Use fondant adhesive to assemble bows on waxed paper-covered board dusted with cornstarch. Let dry.
For hat, roll out yellow fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use pattern to cut hat. Set on waxed paper-covered board dusted with cornstarch. Roll out small amount of violet 1/16 in. thick. Cut out number; attach to hat using damp brush. Roll out white 1/16 in. thick. Cut 6-8 strips 3/4 x 5 in. long. Use scissors to cut 1/2 in. deep slits, 1/8 in. apart, across 1 edge. Brush uncut edge with damp brush and roll to form fringed tufts. Attach 1-2 for top pompom and 5-7 for bottom fringe. Let dry 48 hours. Attach 2 Lollipop Sticks to back using fondant adhesive; allow 2 1/2 in. of sticks to extend at bottom to insert into cake. Let dry.
Add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 12 oz. fondant. Tint as follows: 3 oz. yellow, 2 oz. blue, 2 oz. violet, 2 oz. green, 1 oz. pink; reserve 2 oz. white. Roll out 1/8 in. thick unless otherwise specified.
Bake and cool cake; ice sides and background areas smooth. Ice inner ears smooth. Use tip 4 to outline details. Use tip 6 to pipe in eye and muzzle areas (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 4 dot pupils and outline nostrils; pipe tip 3 outline mouth. Cover body with tip 16 stars. Position small then large gifts; attach bows with icing. Attach yellow ribbons. Use tip 4 to outline fingers over ribbon; fill in with tip 16 stars. Use icing dots to attach confetti sprinkles to cake sides. Pipe tip 21 shell bottom border. Insert hat; support with marshmallows if necessary.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.