Get The Oxygen Ready! Cake
Be a little silly! Build a cake large enough to handle 50 candles (we used a Sheet Pan cake and two 2-layer Round Pan cakes). Pose a tongue-in-cheek, age-related question using piped-icing printing.
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations Add to shopping list Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
Cake serves 108
- Easy-Add 12 x 18 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 18 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 9 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Numeral Candle (numbers 5 and 0 needed)Easy-Add Numeral Candle Add to shopping list Numeral Candle
- Easy-Add Rainbow Colors Round Candles Add to shopping list Rainbow Colors Round Candles
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Craft block
In advance, make dowel rod "candles": Using royal icing, pipe tip 5 melting wax inside end and overflowing sides. Pipe tip 5 dot cheeks, nose and outline lips, tip 1 eyes. Insert licorice wick; let dry in craft block. When dry, cut spice drop flame and attach around licorice wick.
Ice smooth 1-layer sheet cake and 2-layer round cakes (bake two 1 1/2 in. high rounds for 3 in. high cakes) and prepare for stacked construction. While icing is wet, press jimmies on sheet cake sides. Position round cakes off center on cake top. Pipe tip 18 shell top and bottom borders on all cakes.
Add tip 18 E-motion where dowel rod candles will go and tip 18 rosettes where round candles will go; insert candles. Print tip 4 message, tip 5 number. Position number candles.